Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Topic Sure to Spark A Debate...

I am a huge fan of Joel Salatin. He owns Polyface Farm, Inc., located in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia, and is most famous for appearing in Food, Inc (the movie), being a subject in Michael Pollan's book, The Omnivore's Dilemma, and also for giving talks and writing various books on farming. I have read a few of his books, and learned A LOT from his vast amount of knowledge on the agriculture industry. He does tend to go off on rants occasionally, but if you look at it with a sense of humor and can appreciate his passion for what he does, then it's profoundly entertaining. Occasionally I check Polyface's blog, and tonight I happened upon this post. He pretty much says exactly what I would say on the subject of eating well, even on a budget (except he's much more knowledgeable on the industry than I ever will be!). Please check it out if you have a moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment