Thursday, January 21, 2010

Jumping on the Bandwagon



I try to not follow too many trends, or at least to stay somewhat ahead of them as they happen, but there has just been so much buzz about Julia Child recently that I finally caved in and made her version of Beouf Bourguignon. I don't believe I've made any of her recipes before, which is slightly odd for me because I really vary my style of cooking so I never get bored.




I did read the book Julie and Julia by Julie Powell, right when it first came out several years ago, and the movie was very entertaining as well. I can't say that either necessarily inspired me to start in on French cuisine, but once you hear about a certain dish so much it's hard to continue to ignore it, especially if it's as tasty as it's cracked up to be! Which it is. And then some. Set aside a day when you can devote several hours to cooking to try this; it takes a looong time, but is so worth it, and it's perfect to serve to company. I used a really good Chianti, and I served this with a leftover baguette, steamed broccoli and boiled yukon gold potatoes tossed with butter and parsley. Here's the link....BoeufBourguignonalaJuliaChild . Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment