Sunday, October 24, 2010

Apple "Pie"

With apples in season, I've been itching to make an apple pie. I haven't had the time, and I have been trying to exert some self control to not consume something so rich with all the baking I've been doing for special orders and my CSB. For a quick fix, I cooked some apple, topped it with healthy frozen yogurt, and a drizzle of caramel. Yum! Only the boys missed the crust....

Pretend Apple Pie Ala Mode
1 apple, peeled and chopped or thinly sliced
cinnamon
frozen vanilla yogurt or ice cream

Place the apple pieces in a microwave safe dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon and add a few drops of water. Microwave on high about one minute, or until the pieces are softened. Divide between four sundae cups. Top with a scoop of fro-yo or ice cream and a drizzle of warmed caramel sauce. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment