Wednesday, September 1, 2010

CSB Annoucement

While I haven't posted any new recipes in the last few days, it's certainly not for a lack of cooking/baking! I have been very busy with my usual domestic activities, and have also been getting ready for company and a kitchen inspection. I finally took the plunge and got my kitchen certified! This means that I can now legally take snacks and/or treats to my kids' classrooms, and I can sell baked goods to the general public.

While I do not want to bite off more than I can chew, I do recognize that making a little extra money would be nice, especially if it off sets the cost of the kitchen license! So I have started a CSB (community supported bakery), which will begin the first Tuesday in October. If you'd like to know more about my CSB, you can read about it here. Baking is a hobby for me, and I give so much away as it is that it would be nice to get my fix, not waste it, not have to eat it all, and share the treats with people who would normally not get to sample them at all.

I am hoping for a small number of clients, just enough to keep me busy, but not so many that I can't do the things for my family that I currently do (my first, and most important job, is being a stay-at-home-mom, after all!). So if I post a little less often here, then you can still follow the kinds of things I'm making at my new site, http://kfallscsb.blogspot.com. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment